Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Home is where the heart is

I'm 31 years old and hot tears still sting my cheeks when I leave home.  Now that I have a large crew of my own, it's hard to make the long trip out to see Mom and Dad.  One of the biggest perks to going out there is that I get to see my two brother's and their families.  This Thanksgiving trip was well worth the expensive plane tickets and crying children.  I had so much fun and there is nothing like being around your family to make you feel thankful and loved.  It recharged my battery and I was thinking on our flight to Nashville, that it now feels like home to me as well.  It's where Adam and I have started a home and filled it with a large, spoiled dog and three beautiful children.  Family is so important and I'm grateful for mine.
 
The last evening we were there, Poppy commented, "look at all those boots!" in the mud room.  Of course, they were all jumbled up, but I lined them up from the smallest, Lindsey's, to the biggest, Poppy's.  What a shot.  :)


This lady right here (my grandmother) probably makes me the most emotional.  I love her so much and I'm so glad she makes the trip out to see the family and spend the holiday with us.  I'm so happy she's gotten to spend time with my babies.  I wish she were my neighbor and I could see her every day.
The kiddos stretching it out.  Don't judge Kyle for being super huge. 
The girls in the wagon
Cousin Dillon, helping the girls feed the goat
The gals having a snack
This is my oldest nephew, Dee.  I haven't seen him since Aubrie was a baby.  He was brave enough to bring his girlfriend, Jenny around.  She's a sweetheart.  They're a cute couple.
Aubrie took an interest in roping the dummy with her dad. 
And Emilie was more interested in riding the horses this time.
Folks, this CPA doesn't just audit, he can RIDE!
Dalton and Dillon getting ready to eat.  They borrowed a couple of bibs.  :)
Gram making Kyle smile with some patty cake. 

Poppy and Kyle.  His shirt says, "Grandpa's Little Buckaroo"








 Robbie, Mom, Dad, me, and Troy.

What a trip!  Lots of memories and laughs.  Thanks, mom and dad, for hosting ALL of us!

Back to the grind!
Love to all!

 
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment