Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Donut Fiasco of 2016

Adam LOVES donuts.  Every Thursday at work they get donuts and he lives for Thursdays.  This past Friday he brought home 5 donuts that were leftover.  After the kids went swimming, each kid got a donut and Adam and I split one.  Then, when Adam wasn't looking, Kyle grabbed the last donut out of the box and stuck it under his chin and said, "There you are you little dickens!" It's a line from the movie Zootopia. In the movie, there is a heavy set cop that works the front desk and when the new bunny (officer Hops) meets him for the first time, she tells him he has a donut hidden in one of his chin rolls and he grabs it and says, "there you are you little dickens!" and eats the donut. 

(Kyle is our resident clown.)

However, that is NOT the donut fiasco of 2016.  The problem happened the next morning.  It was Saturday.  6:20 am.  All 3 kids were up upstairs and wrestling.  Tickle wrestling with lots of noise.  So, I got up and told them to each go to their own rooms and shut the doors until 7.  Aubrie took that time to get dressed, clean up her room, and organize her desk.  Emilie took that time to spy on Kyle.  And Kyle took that time to sneak downstairs and EAT THE LAST DONUT. 

As soon as our digital clock moved from 6:59 to 7:00 Aubrie flew down the stairs and said, "MOM DAD KYLE SNUCK DOWNSTAIRS AND ATE THE LAST DONUT AND I ONLY KNOW THIS BECAUSE EMILIE FOLLOWED HIM DOWN AND TOLD ME SO SHE WAS OUT OF HER ROOM INSTEAD OF LISTENING BUT HE ATE THE WHOLE THING!!!!!"

Hahaha. 

(He was SO SO sorry.)

His punishment was that his sisters ate suckers during family movie night and he didn't get a sucker.

I planted a garden and I have abundant tomatoes, basil, and peppermint, but my cucumber looks sad and I can't get a bean plant to grow for the life of me.  Then, something kept eating it's way through my fence and is eating my zucchini flowers so I've yet to see a single zucchini.  And we LOVE zucchini.  So, I replaced my plastic netting fence for a wire one and it's kept the fat bunnies out of my garden (but not out of our lawn because Petey is ZERO threat).  But the flowers were still disappearing.  I think it's the cute little chipmunks I've seen running around.  I think they are burrowing in under the fence and eating my flowers.  And those boogers are hard to get rid of.  Any tricks of the trade would gladly be appreciated. 

Last Sunday Emilie told Kyle to look over there and then swiped his ice cream.


Adam also told the kids they get one M&M if they kill a fly.  Why are flies in my house?  Because nobody can shut the backdoor.

 The only trip we had planned for the summer was to go see Adam's grandparents in Indiana.  They have a lake cottage and we all get together every 4th.  Adam takes a whole week off and we spent part of the week here for some family time.  We take those days to make big breakfasts, go swimming, and play with the kids. 


Family dress up

Petey too!

Aubrie's been practicing her baking skills.  She hopes to enter something in the state fair this September.  Emilie can enter something, too, but she requires a lot of help and patience.  Aubrie is such a natural in the kitchen!
 One morning I realized we were out of eggs and Adam had to run to the store to get eggs for my pancakes.  And I don't know why the store is so hard for him, but it is.  He's hardly allowed to go shopping with me when I go because it requires me to stop and let him shop in the meat section and talk over what is on sale.  But when he is by himself, he does what he wants!  I think shopping with 3 kids is easier than shopping with Adam.  They don't ask for so much stuff and point out EVERYTHING that is on sale!

I sent him for eggs.  He came home with eggs (glad he remembered), cantaloupe, raspberries, and steak.
 The other day we all had to go to the store before we headed out of town because he insisted we needed a few things.  So I followed him around the store and watched him get things with the kids and I had a blast.  The kids wanted a free cookie from the bakery, we stopped for 10 minutes in the meat section (and got nothing), the kids talked him into yogurt, and then Kyle was so busy staring at his yogurt that he ran into a cardboard display with plastic onion cases and they went flying down the isle.  Then while he was checking out at the self-scanner, he learned why I never use those lines.  Because they kids want to scan things and hang on the scale and it takes FOREVER.  That is when Emilie learned that Adam had a hole in the back pocket of his shorts so she got some Kroger stickers and patched that sucker right up.  It was pure chaos and I just watched.  :)
 
She's so proud.  He's so clueless.

My lake crew!

The first day was the best weather.  We all got in the water and it was nice and sunny.  Petey LOVES the lake.

The kids wanted to go tubing this year and they all loved it.  Aubrie loved it the most.  Adam took this picture of Emilie, Kyle, and I watching Aubrie on the tube.  Look at those two!

Grandpa and Grandma Huhnke
Lots of fun memories at the lake.  Thank you for the hospitality! Now we only have a couple weeks of summer left before school starts (August 3rd).  I can't believe Emilie is going to go to Kindergarten.  Pray for me.  It's going to be just me and this guy:
He LOVES cheese dip, any shirt or jersey with numbers on it, 2 hour naps, cars, eating, Paw Patrol, drinking out of my cup, singing, and making his sisters laugh.
 
Love to all!




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment