Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Shrimp Scampi + Bruschetta = Perfect Sunday (almost)

Man oh man, I had a menu selected for tonight.  I always get my groceries on Sunday and I enjoy cooking a big meal on Sunday evenings because I've got Adam here watching the girls and I'm all revved up with fresh produce and fun recipes.  Tonight, I went to my go to girl, Ina Garten, with some baked shrimp scampi.  If you like scampi at Red Lobster, then this is the recipe for you!  Not only because it is better than Red Lobsters', but because it is also easy!  I also tried a new recipe, Sourdough Bruschetta, from Guy Fieri. 


Pomodoro Fresco Sourdough Bruschetta
recipe by Guy Fieri

I did half roma tomatoes and half yellow tomatoes to add some more color.  This was so delicious!!


Baked Shrimp Scampi
recipe by Ina Garten

This is probably the 5th time I have made this recipe. It is so delicious and easy.  You will knock someones socks off with this dish!!

Let's start at the beginning, though.  Emilie does not like the church nursery still.  Hates it.  I knew that it didn't go well when Adam returned to our pew with his sleeves rolled up (after I was interrupted during hair and make-up to help him button his cuffs) and his hair was wet from sweating.  I had to giggle.  Sure enough, he only sat for five minutes before we got buzzed and I had to lower my head and go to the nursery.  There she was.  Crying.  The poor girl handed her to me and then left the room!  There are about 4 workers in the room.  Sorry lady. 


Emilie and Aubrie collaborating on this evening's dvd selection

We came home for lunch and put the girls down for a nap while I made a grocery list, cut some coupons, and went to the store.  The big guy got a nap in.  Since we didn't get to go swimming yesterday due to having to get the house ready for a showing and having no place to put Petey, we decided to take the girls swimming after today's nap.  So as soon as they got up, we were like a whirlwind getting the girls ready.  "Bring down some towels!" "Where is Aubrie's swimmies?"  "Did you put sunscreen on Emmie?" 

Finally we were out the door and made it to the Y in one piece and we had a good time.  At about 5:20, we made it back home and saw that a car was in our drive.  Our neighbor Tony and his fiance, Rhonda, were in their front yard and we asked if they had a guest and they said no.  Then it hit me.  THE SHOWING!  We noticed yesterday when we got back after the showing that all the lights were still on and no closet doors looked like they were opened and the realtor didn't leave a card.  Strange. 

So I went in and said, hello?  Petey popped his head around the corner upstairs and when I got to the top of the stairs, I hear the realtor yell, "Sorry, we have a showing 5-6!"  Then she saw me.  I was standing in a swimsuit cover up, hair wet, and probably red from embarrassment.  I looked in Emilie's room, her Sunday dress was on the floor and so were my clothes and extra swimsuits because that is where she and I changed clothes.  I quickly glanced at Aubrie's.  Bed wasn't made, curtains still closed from her nap.  I didn't even want to glance at where Adam left his clothes laying when he changed into his suit....

The apologizes started flowing.  "I'm so sorry!  We had confirmations that the showing was yesterday!  The place is a mess.  Oh my gosh.  The dog.  Did he jump on you?  I'm so sorry!!!!"

She said it was fine and told me matter of factly that their showing was actually TODAY and to not worry about it.  I told them to stay as long as they need to and took Petey out to the car where Adam and the girls were waiting and we drove off.  I went from embarrassment to angry.  Who's mistake was this!  This is horrible!  I don't want to ruin any chances we have to sell our house.  After speaking to our realtor, he confirmed that the date was for Saturday, not today, and that he would call that realtor and offer another showing so they can see the house all clean and picked up.  It was still clean, but just toys and clothes everywhere.  And the dog....sigh.

But tonight's dinner made it all better.  That, and my neighbors Tony and Rhonda returned my pie plate with a pie in it!!!  A Kentucky derby pie.  It's chocolate and I've never had one.  Adam's got the dunkin' donuts decaf brewing right now and I can't wait to see what this derby pie is all about!  :) 

Love to all!! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment