Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Lake side photo shoot

Yesterday was a busy day.  Adam and I decided to go on a lunch date and leave the girls behind with the family.  Rumors circulated that it actually took 3 people to feed my two girls lunch and take my place.  I'm just saying, meal time for my girls is no easy task.  Once they know food is coming, they are like little vultures.  They start clingy to my legs, fussing, tummy growling.  Last night we went to Hacienda to meet the other great grandparents for supper.  We got Aubrie a taco and Emilie ate half of it.  She loves her a chicken taco.  She just gets the chicken and smacks her gums and sucks on the pieces.  She's starting to fill in her long legs. 

the family with Adam's grandparents, Erma and Clarence Mark
Adam is so blessed to have both sets of his grandparents. 

Anyway, back to our lunch date.  We usually go to a Chicago hot dog place here at the lake, but I recently got a Food Network magazine and read an article about Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, and it listed some joints in each 50 states that Guy has been to.  One of them in Indiana just happened to be 15 minutes down the road, so Adam and I went there for lunch.  It was the South Side Soda Shop in Goshen, Indiana.  We ordered a Philly chili for an appetizer.  It's poured on top of noodles, topped with sour cream, onions, and cheese. 
Then Adam ordered the Philly cheese steak sandwich and I had a Reuben sandwich.  We ordered the curly fries and ended with coconut cream pie, but I didn't like the pie.  It had cool whip as a topping and the crust was really crunchy.  Overall, it was a fun experience and a cute little dive. 

Since the girls were going out to eat with both great grands, I thought they should dress up.  I got them these dresses when we went to Tahoe and they were going to be with their cousin, Lindsey.  (Robbie's daughter)  I had them made on Etsy.  I attempted to have a photo shoot on the pier, and the results were not that great.  Aubrie loves to say CHEESE and look away.  Here are my attempts...

tickle your sister??

Ok, now kiss your sister!

Daddy, jump up and down like a wild animal and make them laugh....

Here Aubrie, eat some skittles and let Emilie chew on a toy...
I mean, they are cute, but I think it won't be for another couple of years before I can get them both to sit still and look at the camera and smile.  Then I attempted individual shots, and it went well for Emilie.
But Aubrie not so much...
I love my little angels. 
Love to all!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment