Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Park Picnic

Today was a GORGEOUS day in Nashville.  80 degree weather.  After bible study, I was outside in the yard, messing around and enjoying getting sweaty from the hot sun.  It was fabulous.  I love when we have a beautiful Tuesday, because do you know what Tuesdays are?  Kids night at Chick-fil-a in Brentwood!  Free kids meal with a purchase of a combo meal.  We love going through the drive thru, picking up some chicken and then picnicking in the park.  Afterwards is non-stop fun playing on the playground.  It doesn't get much better. 

Today was the first day in a long time that both girls were healthy and got to go to school.  The time change has them sleeping in late and it makes it difficult to get out the door on time.  They had a blast at school.  Aubrie was a bug and her class made antenna and she was buzzing around for me.  There is something about leaving the school building and trying to get the kids to the car that is so difficult.  They both go brain dead on me.  They magically can't hear my directions, want to wander in every direction but the right one, try to pull up flowers from the planters, point out every airplane in a 30 mile radius, and stress me out.  I'm carrying 4 bags and herding them safely to the car and they just aren't having it.  It's not just my kids either.  I've seen other kids pull the ol' "I'm not going to do what I'm supposed to" trick on their parents as well.


Trying to get the girls to stand together for a picture outside of school


Picking flowers and saying cheese instead of looking at me and saying cheese.  Forget it.


Emilie and I at our picnic.  Dad took Aubrie to go look for a bathroom. 


Miss Slow and Steady on the Slide
Miss Spicy Red on the slide.  No holding back with this kid.
The girls are growing so fast.  Tonight Adam and I are writing in their journals and catching up on the latest happenings.  To help us refresh, we go back and look at pictures to remind us of what happened the past couple of months.  It's amazing how Aubrie can talk so plainly and hold a conversation.  Tonight as we were pulling into the garage, she said "Oh my gosh.  Can't believe it.  Seriously."  When I asked her what she was talking about, she didn't say. 

The other day at school she wore a skirt because it was warm.  It was her first time wearing a skirt without a diaper or leggings and I didn't know if I should put bloomers on or what.  When I picked her up later that day, I learned she had trouble not showing her undies to everybody and at story time she just pulled them down to her ankles and pulled them back up.  It was recommended that she wore shorts or bloomers next time!  Um, yeah!  (blushing)  So when we got home, I noticed her fiddling with them and then she pulled them down again and pulled them back up.  I think that is how she is picking her wedgie!  So now I've got to teach her how to dig out her underwear without dropping her drawers down to her ankles.  Steve liked that story so much that he came into our room and picked his wedgie "Aubrie style" for us. (with his shorts, not underwear, thankfully!) 

Emilie is talking a lot, too.  She repeats everything.  When she was at the doctor last week, she didn't want her touching her any more so she started yelling "BYE!" at her.  Then when the doctor looked in her ears, she started yelling, "No!  I don't!!"  She wasn't very happy with the doctor.  Just this past weekend we were at a restaurant and Adam's mom spilled her drink right in front of Emilie and she yelled, "DA DEEE!!!  SILLY DADDY!"  Adam turned a little red because people looked and Emilie was making it seem like it was his fault.  She's a funny girl. 

They keep us humble and keep us laughing!  Love to all! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment