Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Poof! Pasta Salad!

The "Poof!"  is for POOF!  I re-appeared!  Sorry it has been so long since I've posted.  I haven't been feeling well and I feel like I've been running around crazy.  Aubrie's birthday is coming up and we've been busy planning her party.  It's sort of a big deal for several reasons.  One, my BABY is going to be 3!  And two, she knows it is her birthday and she is ALL about it.  She's into the planning and is inviting everyone to her party.  She's adamant about two things:  cupcakes and balloons.  Those are her two must-haves for her party.  This weekend we went to the party supply store and let her pick the balloons and I've got ice cream cone cupcakes planned for her party.  Hopefully, I won't disappoint.

My mom was in town this past week for a visit.  I enjoyed her cooking and company.  Her visits are never long enough.  The girls loved having her around, too.  We were riding in the car and Aubrie asked to watch Veggie Tales and I told her no.  She replied, "I was talking to Gram..."  Oh, my bad.  I had to snicker, but it was such a teenager thing to say.

Emilie enjoyed playing with Gram.  She plays hard to get, but by the end of her visit, she and Gram were good buds.  Mom enjoyed having us play Mexican music and watching the girls dance.  Emilie would shout, "Ay ay ay!!!"



Petey is getting some love!

Play time!



 
You can't really see it, but we put a crown on her cowboy hat and declared her a rodeo princess.

Princess E
It was sad to see Gram go, but we will be out to see them in April for Easter.  This is why I blog so much, in case anybody wondered.  All of our family is far away and this is how they keep up with the girls.  This is also why I feel bad for not keeping up with it the past couple of weeks!

Before I go, I'd like to share my mom's pasta salad.  (Aubrie is done napping and is chanting, "mommy!  Where are you?") I made it a couple of weeks ago and it made a good snack and side for lunch.  I love how pretty all the colors are together.  Enjoy!

Mom's Italian Pasta Salad

1 ( 16 oz) Package rainbow rotini pasta, cooked and drained
16 oz. bottled Italian salad dressing
3 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled, quartered and sliced
6 oz. soft cooked salami, diced
1 large green pepper, seeded and diced
1 stalk celery, sliced
1 large carrot, slivered
12 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 can sliced black olives, drained
2 green onions with tops, sliced
1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
Mix macaroni and dressing.  Mix in other ingredients.  Refrigerate overnight.  Serve cold. (I added mozarella cubes and omitted the mushrooms.)


Love to all!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment