Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Pumpkin Granola Bars

Get up.  Do it.  Right now.  Go check the pantry for these ingredients and go make these granola bars.  They are so delicious!!!  Good news.  It doesn't use a whole can of pumpkin so after you eat the first batch in two days (don't judge us), you can just make another batch.  Kids love it.  You'll love it.  Your kitchen will smell good!  Get up!!


kookie kellie
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
from twopeasandtheirpod.com

3 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup applesauce
¼ cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 by 8 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk oats, spices, and salt together. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk brown sugar, pumpkin, applesauce, honey, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour over oats and stir well, until all of the oats are moist. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Evenly press oat mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. The pumpkin keeps the bars moist, so make sure they are golden and set-you don't want them to be under baked. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
5. Using a sharp knife, cut into bars. Remove from pan and let cool completely.


Things have been crazy busy around here.  Juggling the three kids hasn't been too bad.  Kyle is learning to go with the flow.  He had his well visit last week and was supposed to get shots, but he had an ear infection and his lungs sounded worse so he didn't get his shots.  He seems to be better and we will take him in with us to Emilie's 2 year well visit on Friday to get his shots then.  That's right.  Kyle AND Emilie will be getting shots.  But wait, it gets even more exciting.  Aubrie will be getting a flu shot that day, too.  That's right.  All three kids will be getting a shot.  Maybe mommy and daddy need to take a shot of something before we got to that appointment...just kidding. 
Sleepy Kyle with a pouty lip.
 Yesterday we worked in the yard while the kids were asleep.  I raked leaves and trimmed the front bushes.  Adam mowed the backyard and bagged up my leaves while I finished mowing.  We love our tree in the front yard. All of Nashville is beautiful this time of year.  I love going upstairs and seeing the tree through our big entry way window  This time of year is the best.  I love the cool nights and crisp air.  The other night, my friend Marcie invited a bunch of us mamas over for a deck party.  She had a fire going, hot cider, and cookies.  It was fun brushing the Sesame Street off my shoes and having some adult conversation with a great group of girls.  My brain was so stimulated and I felt so alive that it took me an hour to fall asleep when I got home.  It's amazing what adult time can do to you!


Picnic on the front porch
 Do you see Aubrie's adorable outfit in these two pictures?  It was an outfit we ordered for her third birthday last year.  I always get the girls a special birthday outfit.  The other morning, while I was limping downstairs (I'll get to that in a minute) I realized that Emilie's birthday is next week and I didn't order her an outfit.  What kind of mother am I?  I felt like trash.  I got online and searched for some outfits, but wasn't having any luck.  Everyone's turn around time was 2-3 weeks.  I really needed a favor!  So I messaged the shop that made Aubrie's outfit and asked her for her help and she agreed to make an outfit for Emilie and get it here in time!!!  She is making me look like a good mom who has her stuff together!  You'll have to check out her shop.  http://www.etsy.com/shop/LilBugsClothing
Kyle's not happy.
So I mentioned limping downstairs.  Last week, Adam and I started cross fit at home.  We've been doing workouts after the kids go down.  They only take 20 minutes and they looked pretty simple, but they kicked our rears.  The first day you start with 100 jumping jacks.  (There's about 9 different exercises you do) That didn't seem like much, but we both about went down after that one.  Our legs felt like rubber.  The good news??  Both our weight has gone up!  hahaha.  We hope that means that we are building muscle and not getting fatter.  We aren't taking any days off.  We even took before pictures of ourselves.  We are looking for results here, people.  I'm really enjoying working out with Adam.  I haven't worked out with someone since I worked out with Katie our senior year.  It's always better when you have a partner pushing you and making you better.  Tonight is week 2 and we are incorporating some running in our workout.  If you see us this week and it looks like we are walking like two old people, now you know.

I hope everyone is doing well!  Lots of love! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment