Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.  I definitely had a blast.  I'll share more after I share these delicious blueberry muffin recipe.  I found it on Pinterest, of course.  They are soooo good.  I had some buttermilk leftover from a salad dressing I made and I bought a large container of blueberries at Costco, so while searching for a blueberry muffin recipe, I came across this one that would use up my leftover buttermilk.  Perfect!  It's definitely a keeper and going in my recipe box.  I hope you like it, too!


Kookie Kellie

Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins
from Heather's French Press blog
  • 2 cups of flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 1 egg slightly beaten
  • 1 cup of buttermilk
  • 1/4 cup of melted butter
  • 1 cup of blueberries tossed with 1/4 cup of flour topping
  • 1/2 cup of four
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 4 tbsp cold butter
Instructions
  • line muffin pans
  • combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and sugar
  • add the egg, buttermilk, and butter
  • mixing only until everything is damp
  • gently stir in the blueberries
  • spoon into the muffin pan
  • make the topping:
  • combine the flour/sugar and cut in the butter
  • crumble into pea size pieces
  • spoon onto muffin batter
  • bake @375 for 20 - 25 minutes 
  • Enjoy!
I enjoy Mother's Day more than my birthday!  I love being a mom and I take the job very seriously.  I soak up all the love I get for the hard work and sacrifices I make all year for my family.  I also enjoy giving that love to my mom and fellow moms.  It's the best day ever.  :)  

My weekend started with Adam, Kyle, and Aubrie getting up on Saturday and going to Chick-fil-a to get me some chicken minis for breakfast.  Emilie and I enjoyed sleeping in.  After breakfast, Adam ran to Lowes and bought an electric hedge trimmer and we trimmed the front hedges.  Our front beds have about 12 hedges of different kinds.  It's a task we always put off because it is so hard raking the leaves out of the beds without raking out all the mulch.  They look really good and I'm glad we did it.  That evening we went to Burger Up in Cool Springs and enjoyed delicious hamburgers.  On Sunday the children gave me their gifts and we went to church.  I wanted to eat at Carabbas but the food didn't taste that good because Kyle was so tired and was screaming and going boneless at the table.  Emilie decided she didn't want spaghetti and meatballs after all, and Aubrie needed my constant attention while she colored.  Constant.  Adam said that one day we'll enjoy a nice meal out.  :)  When we got home, Adam wanted to take a family picture.  We even got Petey involved, even though he's in trouble.  (He found my container with cilantro and emptied it and chewed up the pot.  Bad dog.)


The girls waiting for a table at the restaurant.

Tired Kyle who won't sleep.  He won't give the nursery workers at church a break, neither.  He shows up, screams as soon as we hand him over.  It's like he says, "Hey, watch this.  If I scream really loud, they'll let me leave the room and walk me around this place during the entire service."

My mother's day loot.  The kids picked their own gift bags.  The card was horrible but Adam said it is the one the kids wanted and Kyle started to melt down.  It says something like if I turn out weird, it's because I take after you, mom.  haha.  Adam takes the kids to Target and sets them loose.  I got a butter dish, a note pad, a trashy magazine, a black beaded necklace, and biscuit cutters.  Adam also got me some rain boots, but they didn't arrive on time.  He ordered them a while ago and when he called to check on the order and found out they wouldn't arrive on time, he told the lady on the phone that she single handedly ruined mother's day.  lol.

One more treat was that we found some wingback chairs for a steal on craigslist and we got them.  I had some that needed re-upholstered but these were way better and don't need fixed.  So if anyone is interested in a re-upholstering project, I've got two chairs for you!
 It rained on Friday and I enjoyed staying in with the kids all day and enjoying them.  They sure are a lot of fun!





Lastly and most importantly, I would like to wish my dear sweet mother a very Happy Mother's Day.  I love her oodles and I wish I got to see her more often.  She's made my experiences of becoming a mother...having a baby, recovering, raising the baby, having more babies....so memorable.  She's so encouraging and supportive of me.  She makes me look forward to being there for my girls when they start their families.  I love you madre.  Muchisimo!
Dad was bragging about all of mom's medals from running so we had her go put them on and show them off.   Never a dull moment at the Walker house.


Love to all! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment