Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Here's the skinny..bahaha

My title just cracked me up...because I'm the furthest from skinny.  I'll be honest.  I've never been 40 weeks pregnant before.  They induced me with Aubrie when I was 38 weeks and with Emilie, I went to 39 weeks.  And I must compliment Miss Emilie.  She was by far my easiest pregnancy.  I never felt huge, although she gave me my first stretch mark, and my body didn't hurt like it did this time.  I can't decide.  Is it because I'm older?  Could it be because I'm carrying a boy?  What is so different this time that is making this such a tough go?!  I can't wait to find out.  Maybe I'm carrying a 10 pound baby around!

My swelling got so bad that I had to PRY my rings off one night while watching the Olympics.  I had to ice my finger so it wouldn't be so fat, then I would put some baby oil on and try to pull them off.  Along with the swelling is a new collection of stretch marks.  Adam tried to convince me the first couple of weeks that I noticed them, that they were scratches.  But I knew.  It was a lovely set of stretch marks.  I mean, a pregnancy can put your self-esteem right in the toilet.  No matter how many times your friends and family tell you that you look great, you begin to not believe them. 

Well let me tell you, the first day without my wedding ring, I went to Target all by myself.  It was like vacation...it was beautiful.  After strolling around and getting my necessities, I was standing in line.  Once it was my turn to pay, I turned and faced the cashier and the man behind me said, "Woah!  You totally cannot tell you are pregnant from behind because I was checking you out!" 

I was flattered and embarrassed all at the same time.  The cashier complimented me as well and the man told me again how great I looked.  Not going to lie.  It felt good and it was a pleasant change from the normal comments I get from strangers.  Watch out Adam!  Day 1 with no wedding ring and I'm getting checked out!!  hahaha.

So, for those who read the last blog, I wasn't dilated so I didn't get to have the baby early this week.  I am all set for Friday, the 17th, unless my water breaks before then.  My mom gets here tomorrow and Adam's mom is staying in town just in case my water does break and we all have to scramble.  Adam's mom was here all last week and was a saint.  She cooked for us, watched the girls, and let me nap until my heart was content!  It was wonderful and I'm so thankful she is still on summer break and has the time to help.  This next week is my mom's turn to cook, help with the girls, and I've saved all of Adam's dress clothes for her to iron.  Aren't I sweet?!  :)

Actually, she taught me how to iron and I would sometimes iron my dad's work shirts and pants.  When I got older, I ironed other people's clothes for a little income.  It was actually a good job to have.  I would just set up the ironing board in the living room by the television and watch old movies while I ironed.  (My parents waited until I left for college to get cable tv and high speed internet.)  I still enjoy setting up the ironing board in front of my small tv in my room and popping in an old classic like Sleepless in Seatle or Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and ironing Adam's clothes. 

Adam's mom got the girls new dresses and matching purses.

They LOVED having a purse to take to church.  It drove Adam nuts waiting on them go through the house and picking out things to take in their purses.  Aubrie took chapstick, a pencil, her watch, and some stickers.  Emilie picked a fake lipstick and a mirror for hers. 


Adam told me this morning that I only have 5 days to be pregnant for the rest of my life.  I almost got sentimental, then I looked in the mirror at my stretchmarks and thought, "thank goodness!"  It's such a miracle and blessing to experience being pregnant and having a baby and I really do love it.  It is just time.  I'm ready for this baby to come and I cannot wait to see what we are having!  I'll try and post something on here once the baby comes.  I cannot wait to share the good news!  Until then, COME ON FRIDAY!!!

Love to all!
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I just recently started reading your blog.. shame on me! I had to comment on this one, because your Mom taught me to iron, too. Remember? I'm 99% sure it was my white shirt for FFA.. :)

    Say hi to your Mom when you see her ~ give her a hug for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were practically carrying around a 10lb baby! I'm late in reading this, so I LOLed when I saw that! :)

    ReplyDelete