Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Happy Grandparent's Day!!

Sunday is Grandparent's day!  Don't forget to honor those wonderful people who spoil and love you unconditionally!  The girls made their grandparents a Christmas ornament using their sweet little hand prints.
I bought those plastic ones and they enjoyed stuffing them with cotton "snow" and colorful tiny ornaments.  They definitely enjoyed getting their hands messy!  They also made plates that could be used to hold candles and we made Christmas trees with their hand prints.  Emilie's hands are on top, her thumb is the star.  Aubrie's hands are on the bottom, her thumb is the stump.  It's a reach, but it turned out good.

We had a wonderful day today.  We played outside, worked out at the Y as a family, ordered pizza for dinner, got groceries as a team, and then Adam and I are ending the day watching our precious Notre Dame Irish play Michigan.  GO IRISH!!  For those of you that don't know, Adam grew up 20 minutes from South Bend and has always been a fan. 

I've enjoyed taking some pictures of the girls play outside.  Lately Aubrie's hair has been tough to handle.  It's long in the front, so you have to keep it out of her eyes, and then the back of her head is always woozly and it's always sticking out.  We've got to tame it down! But her hair sure isn't hurting her looks any.  Pretty girl!


 Adam has made up this song about dancing and kicking and Aubrie really gets into it and kicks her legs forward and out to the side.  She got carried away the other evening.  Both feet left the ground!

Emilie woke up before Aubrie the other afternoon and so I took her outside to swing.  I kept trying to get her to smile for me and this is all I got...
But then Dad came home and THIS happened!!



HI DAD!!!!!!!

She loves her dad.  And she can get so loud when she says hi!  :)

I don't think I mentioned, but Thursday I went on my first Meals on Wheels route.  I'm going to try to volunteer once a month on one of my Thursdays without the girls.  I filled in for someone this past week and they hope to get me a different route once they figure out how I can fit in to the schedule.  I'm excited to help and I'm so thankful for all the volunteers who do help.  I met one elderly lady who runs a route every day. 

We started packing up our closets today.  It's a slow go right now.  We'll start packing up more by next weekend.  It is hard because the weather is changing and I don't want to pack up my shorts and I don't want to pack up my sweaters!  So I'm having to pick a little of everything to leave out.  I hope everyone had a good and restful Saturday! 

Don't forget your grandparents!
Lots of love to

Gram & Poppy
Grandma & PoePoe

and our grandparents
Gigi
Grandpa Jack and Joyce
Gaga and Granny
Grandpa and Grandma Mark

Love to all!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment