Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Have you seen the....

Lately I can't find anything.  Either that, or I need something and it is packed and I'm doing without.  Adam and I have been packing and we have different methods.  He throws stuff in a box and labels it junk and I pack things up, throw things away, or make a goodwill pile and label things.  He's been telling me that when it is "Honey, just throw junk in a box, let's go!" time, he will shine.  So he's my transporter.  He's on standby to carry boxes down the stairs and into the garage.  It's weird seeing walls without pictures and rooms without furniture.  I'm very eager to make this new house a home.

There are some things I'll miss about this house.  Mostly memories.  A LOT has happened in the past 6 years here.  We were newly weds, Petey was a puppy, brought home two beautiful daughters, and did many character building projects.  I would like to say both girls learned how to walk in this house, but Emilie isn't showing any signs of taking off by Friday.  We'll just have to make that the first big memory in our new house.

Besides packing, sorting, and cleaning, nothing much is going on here.  Minimal cooking.  Nothing to share with you all.  Costco pizza is on the menu tonight.  Last night Kroger made us a rotisserie chicken.  We also have a frozen pasta meal in the freezer for later this week.  I'm anxious to get back to cooking.  My friend Jenny has agreed to do some guest blogging with some delicious pumpkin recipes.  You will love her dishes.  Hopefully I'll have a couple of guest recipes to share to fill in the gaps while I am busy moving.  I will leave you now with a couple of good Aubrie quotes.

"Hey dad, How's it goin?" as she climbed up in Adam's lap for bedtime stories

"Hey!  What's going on in there?" as she walked upstairs to get ready for a bath.

"Aubrie pretty,too."  "Aubrie do it, too."  "Aubrie eating, too. See?" To anything where we are complimenting Emilie and she's not getting attention.

"Hey babe, you ok?" to me as I came inside after picking up toys Petey drug outside with a disgusted look on my face.

"No Emmie, that's not you.  Here.  Play with this." to Emilie whenever she tries to take Aubrie's toys.

"It's ok mom, drink your juice." to me as I was laying flat on my back on the floor after going for a run.

"I am with you always.  Matthew 28:20." is her bible verse she memorized for bible study. 

She also likes me to lay down next to her when she is about to take a nap and I used to sing Jesus Loves Me (all 3 verses) to her, but now she rubs my shoulder or back and sings it to me.  :)

"No scratching, Bud." to Petey when he starts scratching himself. 

Kids are fun.  Love to all!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment