Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I was a busy worker tonight finishing two projects I have had planned/going for a long time.  One is for a friend who got married earlier this summer as a wedding present.  It was either, pack up all of this stuff and take it to the new house and hope you finish the project there, or roll up your sleeves and finish it now.  She should be in bed so hopefully she won't see these pictures, but if she does, I don't mind if it ruins her surprise.  I am going to try and go see her on Thursday while the girls are at school.  She is a big West Virginia fan and I made her a wreath.


The other wreath is for a neighbor who is having a baby.  We don't know them that well, just a first name basis.  But she told me the name she has planned for her upcoming little girl, Genevieve Rosemary.  It's so pretty.  She also told me their last name, but I wasn't positive I heard her right.  I needed her last name so I can put the initials on the wreath. So where do you go when you want to find out about somebody?  Facebook! 

I looked her up with the last name that I thought I heard, then a couple of other ones that sounded like it and I eventually found it.  I scanned her wall to find out what she did for a living (she is always dressed too cute and brings home art pieces and flowers all the time) and I found some things I didn't want to find.  She had posted things on her wall about "her neighbors".  Apparently she was upset about our brush pile we leave by the curb for pick up and left a nasty note on her "wall" about us.  She used words like jerks, horrid, trashy, horrible...

You know that saying sticks and stones make break my bones, but words will never hurt me?

It is a lie.  My heart just sank!  I had no idea.  For one, I didn't know our brush pile by the curb made her so angry.  For two, I had taken them baked goods and Christmas treats for several years.  She even brought by a present when I had Emilie!!  It was just a shock.  And it really hurt my heart.  It has been awhile since I've had this happen.  It felt like high school all over again.  When you find out a group of girls don't like you and are talking behind your back. 

I've been down about it all evening and my first thought was "forget it.  They're not getting their baby present!"  But then I got to thinking about what God would want me to do.  A couple of Sundays ago, our pastor said, "The One who commands us to love, empowers us to love."

I need to show my love.  She didn't know I would see those things.  It was probably displaced anger about something else that was bothering her and it was a way of venting.  Who knows.  But I do know that God loves her.  God loves me.  I've said hurtful things and I'm so happy that we have a God that is forgiving and loving...and most of all, EMPOWERS us to love. 

I'm so happy for her and her husband and I hope they enjoy parenthood as much as I do.  Hopefully she likes her gift.  And the best thing of it all!  We are moving.  :)

Love to all!
A diaper wreath for our new neighbor baby

It has diapers they can use, a pacifier, toys, and rattles
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment