Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Salmon burgers and first day of school

We made it.  Adam and I just flopped on the couch and today was a success.  We got up early, rounded up the girls and got them to school.  It was perfect.  Pouring down rain, cooler than normal temperatures, I was carrying 5 bags and Adam had two large trash bags.  He had Emilie in hand and I was holding Aubrie's hand and the umbrella and we trekked our way across the parking lot to school. 

My crew.  Good luck getting everyone to look at the camera and smile at the same time.


This one...


She just walked right up to her class door, saw her teacher, and reached out and was ready to go.  I DID get a "bye mommy", but otherwise, I was chopped liver.  She was so excited.  She saw all her friends and she was in her element.  She ended up having a good day.  She didn't get a nap in, but she ate her lunch, made a painting of circles, and had a lot to talk about when she came home.

Now, THIS one...


She wasn't too sure about what was happening.  She stayed with us to drop off big sister because I knew it would be easy.  Then we headed back to her room and it was the first time we met the teachers.  I starting rambling about what I packed for her, where I packed it, and they just reached out and gently took her from my arms and said, "it will be ok."  Emilie of course started crying.  I kissed her and told her goodbye and then Adam and I went and watched them on the monitors.  Aubrie was jumping around her room, playing.  Emilie was still be held by the teacher and she was crying.  We left anyway because Adam had a meeting and it was my first day of bible study preparation.  So we left with one kid happy and other one crying.

After bible study prep and lunch, I went back to the church and watched the monitors but there was nothing exciting happening because lights were off in both rooms.  So I took the time to make phone calls and change our mailing address with companies.  One of the many perks of moving. 

Once it was time to pick up the girls, Aubrie was happy to see me.  I got a big hug and we told her teachers thank you and went looking for baby sister.  She was happy to see me, too.  She said "HI!" when we walked in.  Aubrie said, 'Look!  It's Emmie!"  I got both girls home and we headed straight upstairs to take naps.  Emilie only had a 30 minute nap.  So they both went down and took a nap. 

Overall it was a pretty successful day!
But did you see the legs on this kid??  How big is she getting??!!!

The other day I made Salmon Burgers from Better Homes and Gardens.  I didn't take a picture of my burgers because I had one of those bun bigger than the burger situations.  So here is the picture and link from the website.  It was pretty delicious!

Easy Salmon Burgers

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/seafood/easy-salmon-burgers/


Love to all!! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment