Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Kasey's Cookies

We're still alive, I promise.  Just busy and exhausted.  Tonight I took the night off from unpacking, organizing, etc. and wrote in the girls' journals instead.  I thought about blogging, but I really wanted to write a couple of things in the journals that they have said or done that I didn't want to ever forget.  I hope they enjoy reading them when they get older. 

Next week I hope to start back with my blog.  I've been cooking, but have no time to get a picture taken and no time to sit and blog.  We have a storage pod coming on Saturday and once that is unloaded, we will be really close to being moved in.   But I've definitely missed it.  We are all doing well.  The girls are enjoying school.  Today Emilie actually reached out for the teacher when we got there and there was no crying.  It broke my heart, kind of!  :)  Aubrie is learning about Adam and Eve and the sneaky snake.  In bible study on Wednesdays she has been learning about baby Moses.  I'm so blessed she is learning about God and the bible at such a young age.  This morning she woke up and on the monitor I could hear her singing "This is the day that the Lord has made."  So sweet.  :)

Lucky for me, my sister-in-law, Kasey said she would share a recipe and I'm so thankful for her help to fill in.  I hope you enjoy her recipe, it sounds like a good one!!  Enjoy!

Love to all!!

My name is Kasey Walker and I'm a stay-at-home mommy to my 14 month old, Lindsey.  I was a teacher for 9 years and have been married to Robbie, Kellie's older brother, for nearly 7 years.  I enjoy baking and I'm crazy about couponing.  It's so fun to save money! 

Karen's Chocolate Chip Cookies
This chocolate chip cookie recipe is my mom's.  She has been known for these cookies as long as I can remember, and I'm sure she's burned up a few mixers making them so many times.  She would take these cookies to just about every church or family function we attended.  My little brother, Kirk, requests these cookies for every birthday, and my dad always swipes a few right after they come out of the oven.  He enjoys them with cold milk poured into a glass mug that he's kept in the freezer for special occasions like these fresh-baked, warm cookies.  I hope you enjoy! 

1 c. shortening               
1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 1/2 c. light brown sugar (packed)
5 c. all purpose flour 
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 12 oz. pkg. chocolate chips
1 c. margarine, softened
3 eggs
4 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 c. chopped nuts  (we usually use pecans)

Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Mix thoroughly shortening, margarine, sugars, eggs, and vanilla with electric mixer.  Add flour 1 cup at a time while mixing.  Add the rest of the ingredients.  Form dough into balls about the size of a ping pong ball.  Place balls onto a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.  Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.  The trick is not to over bake them.  Cool slightly before removing from pan.  Makes about 5 dozen cookies.  You can easily freeze dough into logs wrapped tightly with wax paper.  Defrost, slice and bake. 
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment