Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Lake Bound!!!

Nothing gets between a dog and his lake.  At least not our dog.


Yes, Petey gets his own raft and has to be with all of us while we are swimming

He loves a good boat ride or a slow ride on the jet ski

Petey gets some unknown source of energy while we are at the lake.  He has to be in the water constantly.  And don't you dare think about pulling that boat away from the pier without him in it!  One year he chased some ducks way past the buoy...but he came back.  He's a champ.
Granny's lake cottage has been in her family for 82 years.  Her father went in with two other men and then eventually bought them out.  She can remember when there were no motor boats on the lake and when someone finally did get one, when it would go by, the kids would all run out to take a look at it.  Now there are cottages all over the lake and boats as well.  The cottage hasn't changed much since she was little.  They added a porch, a kitchen, and a bath house.  It's perfect and when we come, it's a tight squeeze, but that's what makes it fun.  It's one of the only few cottages at the lake that haven't been torn down and turned into a larger vacation home.  Hopefully I'll be able to share some of her stories during our ten day stay!!

Adam at the lake when he was maybe 7??
I've been going to the lake since I met Adam.  My first year there was in 2003.  Soon we were married and we took Petey there for the first time in 2006.  Taking Petey to the lake is the equivalent to taking your children to Disney World. 
It's tradition that every year he fails to listen to us and runs off and does what he wants.  One year he trekked it down quite a ways.  Adam just had knee surgery and so it was up to dad and I to go after him.  But usually he just goes a couple of piers down to say hey to everybody. 

This will be Aubrie's third year at the lake. 
Here's my diva on her first year.  She really didn't care too much for the water.  She just leaned back in her floaty and laid still. 
This is one of my all time favorite pictures of Aubrie.  She looks like she's threatening to punch somebody.  It's her "mob boss" picture.  I love her rolls and her double chin.  :)

We love watching the fireworks at the lake.  They synchronize them to music and the reflection plays off the water.  It is so peaceful and beautiful.  We hope that maybe Aubrie can stay awake long enough to see the fireworks.  We'll have to see.  Last year, (her second year) it was hard to keep her out of the water once she warmed up to it.  We thought she would like playing in the shallow in, but she absolutely hated it. 
Aubrie with Grandma
Loving the lake life.  She enjoyed pretending to drive Gaga's boat.  Great Grandpa was named Gaga by Aubrie.  She's pretty smitten with him. 
Checking out the pier...

I hope I can still blog everyday while I'm there, but if I can't, my apologies.  :)  I've got my recipe cards packed and we have a menu planned.  I've spent the whole day cleaning out the cars, packing, laundry, mowing the lawn, and of course, cleaning the house in case we have any showings while we are gone.  Luckily Adam made it home early from his training and was able to help.  His parents have also been helpful by keeping my little angels busy so I can get work done.  We are excited about a week with family and we'll even get to see our friends Nick Otis and Ashlie, the future Mrs. Otis. 

Happy 4th of July weekend, everybody!  We're outta here!!!!
Love to all! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment