Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Francis Fix-It

That's what Adam thinks my blog title should be.  You see, I bought this double jogging stroller online (used) and it's been a pain in my rear ever since.  The front wheel shakes and wobbles.  The first time I pushed the girls in it, it was fine for about 30 yards and then all of the sudden it starting wobbling and Emilie spat out her pacifier and did a deep belly laugh.  It WAS funny, but not for long. 


Poor Katie has gone with me to the zoo and her official job is to walk beside me and straighten out the wheel when it locks, pick up any hats and toys that are thrown out of the side of the stroller, or help me turn the stroller because it won't and I'm holding both kids instead of them riding in the stroller.  Figures.  That's when you know you've got a good friend.  She just smiles and goes with the flow and keeps coming back for more zoo trips.  She's in for a treat now!!

I took it apart, added more washers to it, tightened the nut...everything.  The neighbors could see Adam and I out on the street, after the girls went down, pushing it.  I would be IN IT.  Adam would be running and pushing it, turning it side to side, stopping suddenly, and purposely hitting bumps.  We were a sight. 

Finally I called the company.  I told them I bought is second hand and it was a piece of junk.  So they sent me new parts to the front wheel.  New bearings, nuts, washers, and a spacer.  Ah ha!  A spacer!  So I got it in the mail and put it together after dinner and just like that, it works like brand new. 

I also fixed Aubrie's headband that she snapped in half.  It had pretty pink flowers on it and I ripped them off and hot glued them on a plain pink headband she never wears.  Ta Da! 

No cooking happened at our house.  We had plenty of leftovers!  Petey went to the vet and it was a rainy, lazy day. 

Love to all! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment