Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

MAN blog

This is a MAN blog because I'm going to brag about doing MAN WORK.  :)

We've been working hard to pay off the Equinox early and finally did it this past month!  Yay us!  But then of course, the first month that it's "ours", a headlamp goes out.  Which is usually no biggy.  I've changed many on our Tahoe and on Amanda's car.  So I just went out and got the replacement bulb and set out to do it after I brought home the groceries.  Unfortunately, when I glanced under the hood, it didn't look like all the other head lamps.  So I had to get out the manual and check out what to do. 

You would have thought my CHEVROLET equinox was put together by the folks at Volkswagen!  I had to use a wrench and undo SEVEN screws!  Then pop out 4 pins.  You practically have to remove the front radiator and bumper just to get to the light!  To make matters worse, one of the screws would not budge and Adam had to come out and help me.  We used every tool we could think of and spray that sucker with WD-40 and after 40 minutes, it finally un-screwed. 

As a tribute to my dad, I worked with grease in a white shirt.  We make mom proud.  :)
Roy Walker would be proud.  He's taught me so much about cars and how to take care of my rides.  I remember when I had my permit and I was with dad hauling cattle to our pasture in Arizona.  He wasn't feeling good and was sipping 7-up in the passenger side and I was driving the truck with a trailer.  We blew a tire and I had to change the tire.  He was bent over, coaching me.  Poor dad.  We got it done.  :)

Adam is off to Washington D.C. to become a pimp.  haha.  No, he's doing a training course to get his PMP.  Project Management Professional Certification. 

We had a pretty good rainy day here.  The girls are fun to watch together.  Here is a picture of them on our bed as we are getting ready to go to church.  They sure are growing up fast.  The other day Aubrie reached out and patted Emilie on the rear and said "hey baby sister". 


watching Elmo together
Love to all! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment