Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Powerwasher and Stinky Pete

The allergies have been so bad here that I requested that Petey get a bath.  He's so big and hairy and he is just bringing pollen and dust into the house and not helping the cause.  It's almost time to get his summer haircut.  We cut him short everywhere except his floppy ears and fluffy tail.  So tonight, Adam the powerwasher, washed all 3 kids.  Emilie and Aubrie were lucky, they got to have their baths inside.  Emilie can almost sit up in the bath, but she has an occasional timber.  When she is ready, we'll let her bathe the same time as big sister and she can teach her all about her numbers and letters. 

Tonight we had what I call "Rucker's Potato".  When I went to college, one of the girls on my volleyball team was Daniella.  She talked SO fast.  I remember the first couple of weeks, squinting my eyes and just smiling and nodding my head, pretending to understand what she was saying.  I finally got used to her talking and she eventually became one of my close friends.  She lived in Oak Cliff, south Dallas. 


I have so many fond memories of Daniella.  I remember when someone was trying to start their car outside of our apartments and Daniella went out to where these guys were standing, looking under the hood, and said "move, my daddy's a mechanic."  She grabbed a hammer out of the tool bag and started banging on something under the hood, then yelled "try it now!" and it started. 

I remember going home with her one Sunday and attending her church.  Before we left her neighborhood, she said we had to stop at a local eatery and I had to try a potato.  It was an old run down gas station.  She ran in while I stayed in the car and brought out two huge loaded potatoes.  It had the sweetest pulled BBQ meat, runny cheddar cheese, bacon bits, grilled onions, jalapenos, sour cream, butter, and salt and pepper.  It was SOOOO delicious!  Every time she would go back home, I would ask her to pick me up a Rucker's potato. 

I don't make it to the exact.  I just put a roast in the crock pot, pulled apart the meat and added BBQ sauce.  Then I just bake large potatoes and cut it in half and add butter, salt, pepper, the meat, shredded cheese, sour cream, and jalapeno.  I leave the jalapeno off of Adam's.  Pin It Now!

1 comment: