Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Rain!

We finally had rain today in Nashville!  My grass was getting kind of crunchy and Aubrie and I were having to water the flowers every day.  Adam worked from home so I got to go to lunch with some old work friends.  It was good to step away.  I got home before the storm came and didn't pull the car into the garage.  All of the sudden, Adam ran in and said "did you pull in the garage?"  I shook my head no and he went running out the door and I got up to see what was going on and it was hailing outside.  I've never seen hail this big before.  We stood at the back door and watched it bounce of the deck furniture and Aubrie's toys.  Adam ran out to get this piece that caught our eye...
Isn't it huge????

It smelled great outside after it rained.  It reminded me a little of Arizona when we would get some rain and you could smell the sweet smell of the dust settling.  And we all know Arizona needs some rain now, more than ever.  After the storms rolled through, the clouds broke just in time for the sun to set and I snapped a couple of photos after we put the girls down tonight.  Everything was pink.  Once again, it reminded me of Arizona.  


 Tonight's dinner was brought to you by Applebee's.  I was really lazy today.  I washed all of our bedding and changed everyone's sheets.  We had one one of those restraunt experiences that parents of young ones have.  Aubrie didn't want to sit in her booster seat.  She got hauled to the bathroom twice.  Once for a timeout and the other for a diaper leak.  Emilie's nose kept running and she was grabbing everything.  Napkins, silverware, straws...Then we ordered Aubrie spaghetti and she was great.  Ate it and was happy, but she got it everywhere.  She wiped her hands on the booth, on my arm, my clothes, everywhere.  Then we get out to the parking lot and someone parked so close to our car, we couldn't even open the door and we had to go back in while they walked table to table to find out whose car it was...

I should've cooked.
Love to all!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment