Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Impact Day

Every Friday (just about) Adam and I go to Mazatlan to eat Mexican food.  It's a local restraunt here in Brentwood that we love.  Aubrie loves their rice and beans and Emilie actually had some tonight as well and kept opening up her little mouth like a little bird. 

The older princess is under the weather.  She is running a low grade temperature the past couple of days and her voice is hoarse.  The same allergies that are bothering me must be getting to her.  On top of that she's getting her two year molars.  She's sticking EVERYTHING in her mouth like she used to.  Poor thing.  We stopped and got an ice cream cone on the way home because those seem to help.  :) 

Adam had "Impact Day" today with Deloitte.  They go out into the community and help organizations with their needs.  One year we did some tidying up at the zoo.  This year he volunteered at an orphanage, doing some landscaping.  I'm glad one of us made an impact today.  I don't think my five loads of laundry made much of an impact...

I had a photo shoot with Emilie the other day and here are the results. 




And then, you-know-who had to come see what was going on...


The other evening Adam had late meetings and I was putting the girls down by myself.  We had forgotten that Aubrie took froggy and doggy downstairs after her nap, so I had to leave both girls in Aubrie's bed while I ran downstairs to get them.  I grabbed the camera too and quietly came back up the stairs and turned the corner to find Aubrie reading her favorite book, "I'm The Biggest Thing in the Ocean" to her baby sister.  Then look at her face when she got busted.  :)

Baby sister was sporting some serious bed head.  Such is life.  Love to all!

I am sharing a verse for a special friend who I am especially thinking of tonight.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned …. Since you were precious in my sight, you have been honored and I have loved you. Isaiah 43:2, 4
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment