Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Viva Roy!!!

Father's day weekend is here and I thought I would dedicate today's entry to good ol' dad!  Above is a picture of Troy, Robbie, and I - Dad's pride and joy.  (Someone please call up my mother and confirm my head was shaped like Frankenstein when I was little)
Can you spot which one is dad in this line up??

There he is.  The family man.  My dad made so many sacrifices for our family and made it possible for me to do anything I wanted.  I got to rope, show cattle, play sports, play the piano, and I always had a big yard to explore the world.  He took me traveling, inspired me to be a good person, and taught me so many valuable life lessons.  He's a pretty good dad.  (did Robbie just punch me?  or is he about to??)
And I turned out alright.  (This was my birthday.  No, my mom didn't just get out the camera when I was getting spankings.  There was no way she could keep up with as many as I got/needed) 
Dad, Mom, Troy, Dalton, Dillon

Dad and Robbie



Dad and oldest grandson, Dee



It wasn't long before I found my prince charming and brought him into the family.  Dad was a little more thrilled than what he is showing in this picture.  :)
Dad broke him in slowly.  One of my favorite memories was when we were walking to go check the cattle after dinner and the dogs had a rattlesnake spotted in the bushes.  So dad went over and grabbed a fence post and drug it out and started hitting it with the post and killed it.  Then he picked it up by the tail.  I thought Adam was going to pass out.  His mouth was open and he was sweating hard.  :)

Then we gave dad (Poppy) granddaughters.  He had the handsome grandsons (pictured above), but now he has his hands full with granddaughters.

Lindsey, Emilie, and Aubrie


And he's just as good a grandfather as he is a dad.  Happy Father's Day weekend, Dad!!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment