Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Cream of Tartar incident 2011

Ever since Aubrie was Emilie's age, she's been getting into my kitchen drawers...all four of them. 

Proof - Aubrie at 9 months

my drawers are so fun, she read books in them...

She once again got into my spice drawer and used all the spices like blocks.  Then she took a few in the other room where baby sister was hanging out and playing toys.  I was cleaning up the kitchen after breakfast and went in and took a picture of them playing so sweetly together.  I suddenly remembered I needed to respond to an email and so I got on my computer and was typing away.  Then Aubrie came in saying "Uh oh mommy" and she was holding an empty cream of tartar canister.  In the living room was a small hill of white powder and baby sister's dress was all covered with white powder. 

before the cream of tartar incident of 2011

Did Aubrie dump it on her?  Did Emilie do it?  Why today?  These have never been opened by Aubrie?  Is it poisonous?????

So I quickly cleaned up Emilie and off to wikipedia I went to look up cream of tartar.  Did you know...

It is a byproduct of wine making?  It crystallises in wine casks during the fermentation of grape juice and then filtered through two layers of cheesecloth.  The crude form, known as beeswing is purified to produce the white powder we know as cream of tartar????

Very interesting.  I use it in my meringues for pies and  when I make snicker doodle cookies. 

I had another hilarious attempt at working out today.  Right now the score is
Emilie - 4
YMCA playland - 0
She hates when I leave her.  She was better in the church nursery this last Sunday.  She lasted 25 minutes and got nasty the last 15 minutes.  Today I got to work out for 12 minutes.  I worked up a little sweat.  So I came home and put the girls down for a nap and was sulking about not getting to work out.  I plopped down on the floor with my weights (cans of baked beans) and was about to find my usual exercise tv workout on demand when the phone rang. 

Somebody wants to see the house.  At 4.  (It was 3:15).  "No Way, make it 5".  (The girls were napping and the house was a mess.  Ironing board was out.  Laundry piles sorted in the living room.  Oy.)

They agreed to five and I got up and worked SO HARD.  5 o'clock came so fast.  Emilie woke up in the middle of my cleaning rant and I had to carry her around in one arm.  Then I thought, hey, I'll put her in the backpack carrying harness thing.  YEAH RIGHT.  That girl is heavy and her long arms were reaching out and grabbing everything, I couldn't get anything done.  Aubrie just napped the afternoon away.  It was 5 til 5 and I had to just take the vacuum straight into her room and wake her up.  ROAR.  She didn't like that.  So I had to get her a snack to calm her down and sit her next to baby sister in the high chair where she was having a melt down because....do you remember?  She HATES when I run the vacuum.  Poor baby.  I had no choice, I had to let her cry.  I was putting the vacuum away and all I had left was to dust off the mantle and piano when the realtor was at the door.  I met her at the door (with Petey jumping and shoving me into the glass door) and told her I needed 3 minutes to get out the door and I grabbed my kids and dog and went out through the garage.  WHEW.  I was SWEATING.  I got the hardest workout I could have gotten all week. 

I hate selling our house.  Aubrie misses her toys and the house has to look like two clean people and no dogs and no children live here.
Yeah right.

Leftovers and laundry tonight. 
Love to all! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment