Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Man Down!

I've still got two sick girls on my  hands.  I took them both to the doctor today to get checked out.  Aubrie didn't have a fever this morning, but I wanted to get her checked anyways.  Emilie had a rough night and had a low grade fever.  Turns out Aubrie has an ear infection and walked away with medicine.  But Emilie is the one looking rough.  Go figure.  I'm sure I'll be back in two days for an ear infection for Emilie...

Aubrie was helpful today.  Going places with the two of them is pretty tough lately.  Emilie wants to be held and since Aubrie hasn't felt good since Wednesday, you never know when she's going to need me to drop everything because she "needs" me.  She pushed her sister in her stroller today.  She ran her into a couple of walls and my toes took a couple of hits.  But she enjoyed the responsibility of pushing around her baby sister.  Emilie actually liked it, too, because I was walking in front of her and she could see me. 

waiting in the elevator


On a side note, my friend Katie requested Enchilada recipes.  I'll leave you tonight with our homemade red enchilada sauce. 
Enchilada Sauce
from mom
8 dried red chili pods
2 1/2 cups hot water
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp cumin
2 Tbsp Rous (2 Tbsp Margarine and 2 Tbsp flour)

Pop off the stems and clean out the seeds and rinse the dried pods.  Put them in a blender with ONE cup of water and garlic and blend until smooth.  In a sauce pan on the stove, melt margarine and add flour to create your rous.  Add chili mixture and the rest of the seasoning and stir.  Add rest of the water for desired thickness.

You can use this sauce to roll enchiladas or you can do it in stacks.  We prefer to stack our enchiladas and I've learned to like mine just like dad, with an egg over easy on top.  Yum Yum.  :)

Love to all!!


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment