Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mmmm Fajitas!

Tonight's meal is brought to you by Costco.  We went there yesterday which means a lot of fresh fruit and meat.  We bought flank steak,s and I tried a new fajita marinade, which turned out to be pretty good.  My friend Jenna posted a recipe on my facebook for grilled corn by Bobby Flay, which I also tried out tonight and it was very yummy as well.  Jenna has a friend that comes down from their hometown in Michigan and they always pick out tough recipes and try to conquer them.  This recipe is from their last get together and it was a side (which explains the ease of the recipe).  It sounds like a blast and we've always wanted to do that together, but with me having kids and her being busy teaching, we haven't been able to do it. 
Yet. 
:)
photo courtesy of food network

Here is Bobby Flay's grilled corn recipe
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/grilled-corn-on-the-cob-with-garlic-butter-fresh-lime-and-cotija-cheese-recipe3/index.html

I couldn't find cotija cheese and was too lazy to go down to the super mercados down Nolensville Road, so I looked it up and parmesean cheese is what they use as a substitute.  It was delicious!!


Here is the fajita's we ate tonight.  I diced up some leftover avocado from the eggrolls and bought some pico de gallo at Costco, but didn't end up needing it for the fajitas.  Aubrie enjoyed eating the peppers.

Fajita Marinade
the recipe online claimed that his friend that owns a taco truck uses this marinade


2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar (can substitute with white vinegar)
1/3 cup lime juice (can substitute with lemon juice)
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp peeled fresh garlic - crushed
1/2 Tbsp salt
1/2 Tbsp pepper
1/2 Tbsp ground cumin
1/2 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 Tbsp Mexican oregano (I used regular)
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped (no stems)

Marinade for at least an hour before grilling.  We marinaded ours for 4 hours and I wish I had longer.  I also added more orange juice to mine.  It was tasty!!
Love to all! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment