Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Father's day weekend continues

Last night Adam said that on mother's day, the world stops, all women are taken out to dinner and they are celebrated by the whole world.  On father's day, the women just go buy steaks and give them to the dad's to go grill and they get ugly ties.  :) 

Well, that's not happening in my house!  Adam was treated to a chicken, black bean, and pico de gallo omelet and chocolate chip muffins.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
recipe from mom
1/4 cup margarine, melted
1 cup milk
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400.  Grease muffin pan.  Whisk wet ingredients including oatmeal in medium bowl and let stand for 10 minutes.  Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.  Stir wet ingredients into dry just until combined.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups.  Bake 20-22 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.  Cool 5 minutes. 

I used a mini muffin tin and I used cup liners.  I also didn't have mini chocolate chips and used regular chips. 

Then the big guy got to have homemade enchiladas with guacamole for dinner.  If you missed the enchilada recipe, it was posted earlier this week.



We stack our enchiladas.  Adam takes his stacked 3 high
I do a 2 stack with an egg over easy on top.  I can't cook an egg over easy when my mom is around
to save my life...

And then we ended the night with a strawberry torte. 


Strawberry Torte
this recipe is from Adam's grandmother, Verdene

1 quart of chopped strawberries
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup soft butter
1 large egg
3/4 lb crushed sugar wafers (those waffle looking cookies with cream in the middle)
1 pint whipped cream

You can make this in one large serving dish or make individual serving cups.  I prefer individuals so that when there is leftovers, it isn't soggy.I made them in a cosmo glass and garnished it with a strawberry on the lip of the glass.  This is what you do:
Layer bottom with half of sugar wafers.  In a bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and egg.  Spread this cream over the top.  Then layer strawberries, whipped cream, and sprinkle with the rest of the crushed wafers.  Enjoy!!



Awww, poor Adam.  :)  I guess father's day for him won't be as bad as he thinks.  Don't miss my new page above dedicated to Adam.  I posted it just in time for this special weekend.  It is the tab next to Petey, right below my blog picture.
Love to all!!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment