Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Bonefish inspired meal

Hello all!   I don't know if any of you have been to my favorite seafood restaurant, Bonefish Grill, but it is delicious.  I start off with some bang bang shrimp and then usually get wild kate's alaskan something or any type of fish with the lemon butter sauce.  MMMMM.  The good thing about Bonefish Grill is that if you go to their website, they post a small collection of their recipes and this lemon butter sauce is one of them!!  Check it out.

 http://www.bonefishgrill.com/behind-the-scenes/recipes/lemon-butter-sauce/

I used cod tonight and decided to do a panko breaded cod.  Here is how I made the breading...

Breaded Cod with Lemon Butter Sauce

1 cup of bread crumbs
zest from one lemon
handful of parsley flakes
olive oil

Really pat the cod dry with paper towels and then brush cod with very little olive oil and then dip them in breading mixture and place on greased cookie sheet or foil lined cookie sheet.
Bake 350 for 20-25 minutes

When it came out, I drizzled it with lemon butter sauce and TA DA!!!  Yumm!!  I cut up the lemon and used a couple of slices to squeeze on mine because I like a strong lemony taste.

To go on the side, I made a vegetable dish out of a magazine Adam got me for my stocking this past Christmas. 

Cheese and Vegetable Rice Casserole
Better Homes and Garden's One-Pan Recipes Magazine

1 - 16 oz package of frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots, thawed
4 cups of cooked rice
1 - 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 - 12 oz jar roasted sweet peppers, drained and chopped
1 - cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
2 - 4 oz cans diced green chile peppers
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8oz)
1 1/4 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup seasoned fine dry bread crumbs
2  Tbsp butter or margarine, melted

Grease a 13 x 9.  In large bowl, stir together mixed veggies, cooked rice, beans, peppers, corn, and chile peppers.  Stir in 1 cup of the cheese and broth.  Transfer mix to the baking dish.  Sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese.  In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and melted butter.  Sprinkle over vegetable mixture.  Bake uncovered at 350 for for 35 to 40 minutes or until mixture is heated through and crumbs are golden.  Let stand 10 minutes.  Makes 6 servings.  (The magazine says 6 servings, but it's more like 12 in our house.  I think you could easily add chicken breast to this recipe and make it a full meal)

there is a homemade cheddar biscuit in there, but we'll get to that some other time.  :)


Adam and I both feel wrecked tonight.  He's gone back to working out and getting up at 5 and I started getting up at 6:30 when he gets out of the shower so that I can go downstairs and visit with him before he leaves for work and then I can grab a shower before the girls are up...sometimes.  I guess getting back into the swing of things is dragging us down.

The girls and I went to the library for story time.  If any of you live in Davidson County, you have to try it out at the Main Library on 7th and Church St.  (My sister-in-law works there.) :)  Their schedule is online and they have story time with puppets and singing and then you can go across the hallway and do a craft.  It's on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Check it out and get a library card! 

Love to all!!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment