Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Who wants a nap? I DO!!!!

 
Today was a special day for Aubrie.  One of her sweet classmates, Olivia, invited her to play at her house this morning.  Olivia is a month younger than Aubrie.  And she has a baby sister, Brooklyn, that 
Aubrie and Olivia, school chums
is about 2 months younger than Emilie.  We had a wonderful time visiting while the girls played.  Olivia was such a well behaved, gracious host.  We're so blessed to have had our mother's day out program and to meet wonderful families that have such sweet children.  We hope to get together with them again soon. 



 
Olivia at this year's Easter egg hunt



It was a rough nap day at our house.  Aubrie was acting pretty tired at her play date and came home with an urgent request for a "peena budder sanichh".  So I fed both girls and put Emilie down for her nap and let Aubrie stay up a little more and play.  But she wasn't down long and got up in an awful mood.  She just couldn't stop crying and I had no idea what she was upset about.  I couldn't make it better, either.  On top of that, she woke up baby sister. 

Needless to say, it was a rough afternoon at the Mark house. 

I made chicken k-bobs tonight.  I had to use up the last of our bell-peppers we purchased in bulk at Costco.  If you missed my teriyaki recipe, refer to the past posts.  Aubrie liked the chicken much better than the beef ones we had a week ago.  I also made some potato skins.  I just baked a couple of potatoes, then cut them into eighths.  Then I would scoop some of the potato out of each one and set it aside.  Next I brushed them with some melted butter, salt and peppered them, then returned them back to the oven, set at 400, to crisp for about 15 minutes.  When they came out, I did half of them with cheese and bacon pieces, and the other half with Tabasco sauce and blue cheese dressing. 


As you are about to see, taking pictures of prepared food at my house is no easy task.  I throw it on a plate, set it in the dining room close to the window, and grab my camera.  My crew is usually pretty hungry and not waiting patiently, so today, you will see how my shot got "ruined" by a couple of hungry guests...


such is life.
Love to all!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment