Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Fieri's chicken avocado egg rolls

For the last two nights, we have enjoyed Food Network's Guy Fieri's recipe for chicken avocado eggrolls.  Yum Yum!  I saw this episode one day and I've been craving avocado in forms other than guacamole, so I went online and checked out the recipe and decided to conquor it. 
photo courtesy of food network
I only made a couple of tweeks to make it work for our family.  I totally left out the celery, and instead of buying a head of cabbage and carrots, I just buy one bag of coleslaw mix.  My mom likes more carrots in her eggrolls, so while she was here, we added more shredded carrots. 

Here is the recipe:
He calls for a jarred sweet chili sauce for dipping and I found a recipe online that tastes delicious.  It reminds me of the one at Pei Wei. 
Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup and 2 Tbsp white sugar
3 Tbsp fish sauce OR 2 Tbsp soy sauce and juice from one lime
2 Tbsp cooking sherry
3 cloves of minced garlic
1/2 - 1 Tbsp red pepper flakes (depends on how hot you want it)
1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup of cool water
Put all ingredients in sauce pan EXCEPT cornstarch mix.  Bring to boil.  Reduce heat to medium and boil for 10 minutes.  Reduce heat to low and add cornstarch mix.  Stir until sauce thickens.
It really is an easy recipe.  The hardest thing is frying the eggrolls.  You can find eggroll wraps in the produce section at Kroger by the salad dressings and lettuce.  I hope you give it a try!
A note from the home front, I added a tab under the picture of the family called "Petey" where you can read about life as the eldest child.  :)  The girls and I went shopping today and it didn't last long.  Emilie wanted to be held and Aubrie wanted to walk, so I was pushing a wide emtpy stroller down the isles, keeping one eye on Aubrie, and trying to wipe my nose.  Something in the air has me all irritated and zyrtec isn't even helping.  The hot weather doesn't seem to help either.  Needless to say, I'm sure I looked pretty frazzled and pitiful, which is the look I was going for when I got up this morning anyways.  ;)
Love to all!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment