Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cookies!!!

Well, here it is!  I love baking cookies and this is my first post with a cookie recipe.  It's not my best, but it is a good one.  When I was little, my dad changed my name to Cookie Oven.  I started baking cookies by myself and I didn't always do exactly what the recipe said or I wouldn't add the correct ingredients or forget an ingredient and my family went through some hard but supportive times with my baking.
Five In One Oatmeal Cookies
 My mom got this recipe from her high school friend, Judy Frank.

1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 cups Quick Oats
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup nuts

Additionals: 
1 cup coconut
1 cup raisins
3 or 4 Tbsp peanut butter

Beat the margarine, shortening, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.  Add remaining ingredients.  You can add any of the additionals to this recipe.  I like to add raisins and coconut to mine.  I've never tried it with peanut butter. 

Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.

There is a lot going on in the Mark house.


Petey got a haircut
He's ready for the lake

Emilie wanted to give a shout out to the Fighting Irish with hopes that they are all working hard and gearing up for a good preseason.  She knows they are spending their summer working hard in the weight room and reading their playbooks.  She said she predicts more success this season than last.  (Not hard to accomplish)


Notre Dame's got it this year, guys

I wonder if they're going to run a wildcat offense

Aubrie had a play date with her friend from school, Teague.  He's such a cutie.  His eyes are so blue and he is so sweet and she has so much fun with him.  She loves switching it up and playing with cars, trains, and lawn mowers.  I, of course, enjoyed having some adult conversation with Teague's mom, Marcie.  We took a couple of photos, and I'll share hers instead of mine because she's a photographer and hers are just better.  :)

 You can check out her website at http://www.marciekindred.com/.  She's an awesome photographer.


Aren't they sweet??  I think so.  I forwarded this picture on to dear old dad at work and my phone rang immediately afterwards.  "I don't like that picture" he said.  I asked why and he said, "I don't like her hanging all over a boy."  I told him not to take it that way, she is only two and they are just buddies.  He said, "no, not like that.  I mean, when she is twenty something and I'm at her wedding and she's got some man holding her close, I will only be able to see her as the Aubrie in THIS picture.  Not a grown up, but as my little two year old princess..."

Love to all! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment