Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

PANCAKES!!!!

When we woke up this morning to the sounds of Aubrie singing in the monitor, I told Adam I would get up and make breakfast.  Saturdays he usually lets me sleep in and gets up with Aubrie.  Emilie is still sleeping because I nurse her around 5 or 6.  But today the thoughts of bacon and breakfast as a family motivated me to get up.  So he got Aubrie dressed and brought her in our room where she AND the dog got in bed with me to wish good morning to everyone.  I asked her if she wanted pancakes in which she yells/growls, "PANCAKES!!!!!" while throwing both fists into the air.  Adam taught her how to get excited for certain foods.  She does it in a monster kind of voice and it is pretty cute. 

I found a recipe online for Applesauce Pancakes last fall.  This one turned out to be a keeper.


Applesauce Pancakes
1 cup of flour
1/3 cup of oatmeal
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3/4 cup of applesauce
1/2 cup of sour cream
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup of milk

Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl.  In seperate bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients.  Then combine the two and PANCAKES!!  Pair these with a princess glass of orange juice, and my Aubrie is happy.  Emilie even chewed on some pancakes this morning. 

On a side note, one of my biggest fans (mom) asked for a picture of our Rucker's potato.  I took one the night I made one, but Adam said you couldn't make out what you were eating.  So we had them for leftovers tonight and here is the result.

Love to all!


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment